Chup-Chup's Blog II

A gay Argentinian in Israel, my daily life, my work, relationships, and whatever I feel like sharing.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

religious gays?

well, i was also shocked when i heard about it...but there are many religious gays jews (i'm not talking about ultra orthodox...though it is also full of them) out there...well, not so OUT. i find a lot in dating sites and chats, so afraid, deep in the closet...i don't know, it just gives me this sad feeling, it reminds me when i was in the closet, hiding, afraid of someone finding out about me...
there are many religious gays that are out too... someone very close to my heart is both gay and religious jewand i'm learning to accept it and enjoy his points of view. he actually brought me closer to religion...something u forget when u move to israel...i mean, u are in the holly land, so that's enough...right? well, maybe not so much...
in any case, i started thinking about all this when i saw this article in Ynet (israeli news site in english)...u can fins some interesting views there on the issue (i should warn u that there are, as usual, some negative talk backs. the URL of the site is http://hod.org.il/
i hope someone can find it useful (for the moment is only in hebrew, but is supposed to have an english version soon).

1 Comments:

Blogger tgcc said...

What to say about it, just that makes me very sad. I (used to) have a friend who USED TO BE GAY, now he is ILLUMINMATED and away of every gay life, he even gave his music cds to his (ex) gay friends so he could not be tempted by the gay music of Barbara Streisand, Lisa Stansfield and Celine Dion.
Sad.

February 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home