Chup-Chup's Blog II

A gay Argentinian in Israel, my daily life, my work, relationships, and whatever I feel like sharing.

Monday, February 18, 2008

the last 4 years...

in couple of days will be the 4th anniversary of my arrival to the holly land. if i had to sum up all what happened to me since i moved to israel...it would be a boring and long post... for that reason i only want to write about some of the highlights:
- i moved to israel a month after i turned 22yo. u had no family in israel, no friends, i only talked english and had no money at all. after 6 months of hebrew studies, i moved to tel aviv, started university and worked as a waiter.
- my first day on the job i met the cutest client ever... G, my ex, we were together for almost 3 years and a half. at the time i was living with someone else...when i told him i was leaving him, he kicked me out of our apartment and never returned me my stuff...
- being a student and immigrant was not easy. i cleaned houses, i worked nights in a call center (used to work from 12am to 6am, go back home, have a shower and go to school until 4pm every day). i also worked in chat support for a site and then i found my current job...in marketing.
- G was the person I loved the most in my life (and I still love him but in a different way). we lived together for 3 years but he could never commit to our relationship...his family and friends were also in the first place, his country was always in first place (he is a reservist soldier, as most israelis and was in Lebanon war...for a month i waited for him at home...scared to dead of my phone ringing and someone telling that something happened). we started couple's counseling in april...actually i started and convinced him to join...he was there for a month and said it was too difficult for him...
-after i got my degree in Government and Conflict Resolution, we traveled to Argentina (last summer). we both realized things were not working between us...actually, i was the one who spoke up and told him we were suffering together, even though we deeply love each other. so i decided to leave, once again, my home and everything and try to find myself. we still have a good relationship and live 2 blocks from each other.
-like a year ago i started talking to a guy in the internet...we used to talk once every two weeks or so. he is from the states. after learning things ended with G, he decided to come to israel for a conference and we met... i won't say it was love at first sight, but my world stopped when we kissed on that street...this was last october, i've seen him 4 times since then (3 in israel and once i met him in istanbul). he is such a charming and amazing guy...that's the guy from a previous post. the only problem is that we live in different countries, and he is not open to a long distance relationship. plus, we are from such different worlds: he is a rich and good looking Harvard student. I'm a poor (but good looking) immigrant. i understand his reasons, but i'd like it to be different.

that's what happened in my life, in a nutshell, the last 4 years...since i moved to israel. i have realized this is not the place for me right now, i met someone i though was the love of my life, the father of my children, my future husband... but life showed me once again it has different plans for me, i left one of the guys who loved me the most and i fell in love with someone who doesn't feel the same way...let's see what the future has prepared for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home