Chup-Chup's Blog II

A gay Argentinian in Israel, my daily life, my work, relationships, and whatever I feel like sharing.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

short weekend...

weekend was so short! after my thursday with C, i worked on friday morning until 3pm and had a wedding at night. i went with my ex cause the wedding was of a common friend. the event was in a very cool place, like and old winery in Yaffa. after working all day long i was really tired and the only food in my system was a coffee and a slice of cheese. of course that i had a lot of drinks in the wedding: started with 4 glasses of red wine, then 2 Martinis Bianco, a shot of whiskey and a Vodka Tonic...i was really happy (polite word to say totally drunk) and some friends lit a joint...it was sooo hard to refuse...
I also met a girl, is not like i'm into that now, but it was really funny cause she came to talk to me and I ended up discovering that she studies in Boston, in Tufts University...she invited me to check the site and offered help, she also left me her card...I'm blown away by that place, they offer exactly what i want to study...so now I only need to get accepted and 80k for the two year program... so i'm kind of down now, I know what i want to study but it's not easy for someone who started from zero, who has nothing in the world but himself to get accepted in a place like that. I'd really like to have parents that could help me instead of being me the one who helps them...I feel like rich people have a lot of chances while poor people don't...
I really believe in signs though, in the last couple of months when I started thinking about studying abroad, suddenly I started meeting super interesting people, studying in USA, giving me all kind of info, etc. So I was sitting alone in front of the computer yesterday and couldn't stop thinking: is all this a big sign for me to go after my dream of studying in USA or it's a cruel joke of destiny that is showing me the things i can't have?...i hope is the first option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home